Saturday, October 30, 2021

Tech-fi, not sci-fi


The latest link

 

The difference is in relation to physics, tech-fi if existing laws only are used, otherwise sci-fi. Star Trek, all preserving corpse to avoid death finality, most labeled sci-fi are usually not tech-fi which can only ignore costs and engineering. Such a world is not impossible.

Up to now, I have listened to the spiel of the overt or subconscious religious types, mentally waiting for a nonsense statement that I knew would come, and it always did. How can anyone know except by reading about or listening, or watching a movie, and hence non-science? The following is a beauty that collects the thoughts of many atheists.

 

https://www.facebook.com/BigThinkdotcom/videos/860373821169931/

 

None of them talk about semantic games. They at most describe the religious nonsense as a pitiful cover for the immature. Not one talks of cheating death and circumstances for living on despite mathematical certainty of continuously increasing vulnerability as age stretches longer, the probability of death approaches 1. Can I advance a rational scheme to live forever?

 

I can provided the probability of death by any physical object approaches a limit, no matter how long you live, this limit must exist in most real universes because the devastation must be limited by volume and size of threat – it cannot increase without limit.

 

Within a thousand years, download of the brain becomes routine, essential in my thinking to enable lightspeed zero lag movement between stars. Useful even within a solar system with almost a day delay between planets. Multiple copies can exist with a separation exceeding the estimated largest devastated volume, Also, the strategy of surviving the largest possible devastation can be used.

 

It is tech-fi, not sci-fi. Downloads happen with MIT technology development. Light travels fast, but does not age the photons! A simple reset cycle with very little age suppression is enough to give 1000 years. There are a huge number of chronic diseases, cancers, and aging. But I believe De-age methods will allow victory even on them and am testing them on myself.

 

What underlies my efforts is not bravado – I only test with phytochemicals and vitamins, they do have anti-aging effects, which makes the risk tolerable. As my stoicism says – what is the difference between a life of a day or three generations, both are sandwiched between infinities. At least I tried intelligently, fast death now means less to me than overcoming my ailments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment