Sunday, May 10, 2020

My universe and earth




My universe and earth: why written and why to be read

https://aaqg-arunarya.blogspot.com/2016/11/birth-of-aaqgs-aaroon-aryan-quantum.html

Why written? Like greatest ever book “meditations” by highest stoic and roman emperor Aurelius, two thousand years ago, I write this as a personal journal. Two score years ago, I was a new minted doctor of computer science at the age of 25 at the University of Rochester at New York in USA, finished serving the greatest computer scientist of all Prof. Jerome Feldman, and I was finally free to deal with rest of Life. How?

A content life​? Like my doctorate, rest of life made sense only if there was a sequence of overriding objectives. It had to begin with “who I am and what drives the society around me” and gave myself 5 years, like gave 4 years to get a doctorate. Actually 40 years to be finally comfortable, what this book is about. And has finally allowed me the next question “how to live long enough, healthy enough, to ask myself the next question”! Again five years to find an answer, it matters not if answer is no (stoicism) or can’t keep schedule – extend then”

Acknowledge debts? I TRUST NO ONE INCLUDING MY GREAT PARENTS, GREATNESS NOW EVIDENT. I am eldest only son with three accomplished sisters, all great engineers., each of them a topper LIKE ME and all great engineers.scientist in their own right. The youngest is Anshulie (IAS) who broke all existing records of academics AND sports in IIT Roorkee formed from Thompson college built 150 years ago by the British as the first science college in asia. My parents genes and our upbringing.

What is a scientist? A rational skeptic, who ensures that some credible scientist has verified every fact in a theory which must be verifiable. To escape deep philosophical problems, every scientific truth must be a theory (i.e. verifiable), others are mythical stories. That must be the first question! Every religious statement is dead on this ground. So are many pseudo-science account of multi-verse. Only one known is story from Smolin that is verifiable, equals a theory. I want to read more. But not more myth and no fiction but science fiction.

Why read this? Certain not because of me, I don’t care! Because it raises questions and never unanswerable, but hard enough that it is worthwhile to look at some one else solution to get a skeleton. On your skeletons, build the muscles and a skin you like, to be changed whenever. Or do what I do, important enough to generate a new theory of system organization – start from a solution, filling its blanks, adding new ways replacing the deleted. Every iteration yield a new complete new solution. In software, the method starts from a working system designed to be modified and modify it to a complete new solution! Legacy solutions are not disasters if written with further developments in mind! In software sense (AI WILL EXCEED HUMANS), my own BELIEF IS THAT ASPECT MERGING OF LEGACY CODE WITH AI SOLUTIONS IS THE NEXT PARADIGM SHIFT IN SOFTWARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment